Thursday 24 October 2013

Dream Diaries

A friend of mine recently asked me how I recorded my dreams, I replied that I always wrote them down accompanied occasionally with a drawing.  Then I realised that this was not quite true as I looked through an old dream diary from 2009 which consists almost entirely of drawings.  I find it much harder to draw my dreams than I do to write them but somehow the images no matter how feint take me straight back to the feeling of the dream.  These images are very private, raw material.


Here is a sneak preview from one dream diary made over a period of several weeks.












The recording of dreams is just one step in my creative process, I then sift through and see which images I would like to bring out into the light of day and that may form the basis of a drawing, character, or performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment